Tax per household has increased by 28 per cent under Labor’s tax reform
Under ACT Labor, taxation per household is increasing at an extraordinary rate, Leader of the Opposition Alistair Coe said today.
Since the ACT Government announced its tax reform package in 2012, the increases have been much higher than inflation.
In 2017, local taxes per Canberra per household are an estimated $10,779.
By contrast, in 2012 taxation per household was $8,411. Five years of tax reform have increased tax per household by
28 per cent.
“Many Canberrans simply cannot afford these huge increases in the cost of living in Canberra,” Mr Coe said.
“Even those who can afford these increases must ask the question: are we getting value for money?”
“The ACT Government continues to bring in record revenue through ever increasing rates, taxes, fees and charges.
“The cost of living in Canberra is skyrocketing and it is no wonder so many people are finding our city unaffordable.
“The Government must demonstrate how it is going to ease the growing financial burden on Canberrans,” Mr Coe concluded.
All Media Releases
- Tax per household has increased by 28 per cent under Labor’s tax reform 10 Oct 2017
- ACT Government should stop skirting scrutiny on cladding fire safety risks 20 Sep 2017
- Labor-Greens Government should stop rates increases 14 Sep 2017
- Action needed on safety concerns at Mount Taylor 14 Sep 2017
- Deliberate vandalism of sporting field toilet block 11 Sep 2017
- Aluminium cladding - fire safety risks. 05 Sep 2017
- Have your say on the future renewal of Civic 05 Sep 2017
- Government knowingly puts lives in danger at the Centenary Hospital 19 Aug 2017
- Canberra Liberals pay tribute to a Canberra Hero and former colleague 19 Jul 2017
- 'More children will die': Liberal opposition slams ACT Government over child protection 19 Jul 2017
- Bimberi allegations should be referred to ACT Policing 06 Jul 2017
- Budget Reply: Government Integrity is Key 08 Jun 2017
- ACT Budget: Massive Hit to Cost of Living 06 Jun 2017
- Questions raised over new Chief Engineer 05 Jun 2017
- Lawder Questions Government's Covert Amendment 05 May 2017
- Canberra Liberals launch online consultation service 03 May 2017
- ACT Legislative Assembly Planning Committee Inquiries 2017 03 Apr 2017
- Inquiry into a New Convention Centre for Canberra 27 Mar 2017
- Closure of SHOUT and the impact on its Member groups 27 Mar 2017
- Government urged to come clean after FOI request denied - 14 March 2017 15 Mar 2017
- YWCA CANBERRA - INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 27 Feb 2017
- Consultation Run to Suit Government Not Residents 24 Feb 2017
- Plans for Tuggeranong cemetery and crematorium appear to be put on hold 24 Feb 2017
- Wall Calls for Action on MPowerdome 23 Feb 2017
- OPPOSITION ANNOUNCES NEW SHADOW PORTFOLIOS 02 Nov 2016